I am doing a year in review with 3 different blog posts starting with my personal work, food and lifestyle, and then weddings. I hope you enjoyed this year as much as I did!
My path as a photographer started when I was looking at old photographs my parents had taken and thought to myself, “I need to be part of this, I need to actively capture what is happening now so we can all look at this later on!” and so began my life with a camera. Since then I realized I could do so much more beyond a mere snapshot, but I still try to be vigilant in capturing my life with my friends and family, and sometimes just by myself. Having a cell phone makes that super easy these days, and I’m thankful for that since I take a lot of pictures of the in between moments, but having my “good camera” with me is always better. Looking back on my year in photos brings me so much joy and gratitude. In a way, it’s a subconscious thank you for everything I get to see and I want to keep these beautiful moments with me forever.
Since this is my personal post, I’m going to get personal over here. It’s my blog, after all :)
Ending the year can feel sad, happy, and strange. I take a lot of time to think about what I accomplished and what I can do better. It’s a great spot to start to think about the potential the next year holds. Every New Year instead of making resolutions I set goals for myself and plan on achieving them, (and usually do!). I thought I might share my goals with you here and hope it motivates you to maybe do the same.
- Start a Roth IRA/Retirement fund (super important for any small business owner or young person!!) #adulting
- Keep up with healthy lifestyle (eating healthy and regularly exercising – chocolate is the acceptation!)
- Hike and camp more (being outside is the ultimate form of peace for me)
- Read 3 books (I didn’t even read one this year)
- Knit something useful (A new hobby of mine)
- Spend less time on cell phone/social media (rots your brain)
- Document year via video and put it all together at the end
- Go somewhere you’ve never been (a yearly goal!)
- Improve on business organization, workflow, and finances
- Be more environmentally conscious
So there you have it! Can you hold me to these? What are your goals for this next year? Feel free to comment or tell me sometime!
I’m so excited to capture this next year, learn, grow, and hopefully travel a bunch! I hope you all have a successful, positive, and fulfilling year as well.
First things first, I made a video of my summer and it was a lot of fun to put together and watch at the end, next up will be a filming a whole year as mentioned above. Enjoy!